As you all know the air exhaust that comes with the K40 is a piece of crap. I am currently assembling a replacement. I am going to use an in hose ventilator and 160mm flexible hose to hopefully get some better performance. Also I will remove the erhaust inside the working area. The new exhaust is split up in two parts. It did not fit on the printing bed with 160mm sized exhaust port. I suggest to print Part1 with the rectangular connection port placed on the printing bed. There should be no support needed. Part2 should be printed with the round exhaust port on the printing bed. Also no support needed. With this method you may not have any scaling issues since the axis are just mirrored for the object. So X/Y axis do not change for the object. Some printers are off in X/Y and be an issue to glue together both parts. I will try printing this thing by tomorrow. It estaminates about 4 hours for both parts. Printing will be done with 5600mm/min. I will keep you posted if it works...
I just found out that I am an idiot. I ordered a 125mm hose and fan because it had more power. So let me know if this one works. I will add a 125mm exhaust shortly. That one should print in one piece.
Yep... it fit's just on the print bed of a replicator.
So I printed and coated the 125mm exhaust to make it air tight. It fits perfectly on the exhaust port. I took some pictures to show you. Make sure to put in the bottom screw from the inside of the cutter. All other 3 screws fit as usual.
I assume the 160mm version also fits nicely since it is basicly the same model with different hose connector.
I added a filter cartridge that fits inside the exhaust. You can put something like a carbon filter in between both parts. They kinda interlock and can be placed in the round outlet of the exhaust.
Work in progress! Don't blame me if it doesn't work out for you!
Glue parts together
Hopefully you printed both parts as I described above. You should be able to glue both parts together with some strong glue. I use PLA for the most. Maybe ABS makes sense with solvent containing glues.