I wanted to be able to tighten my belt without having to take off the bed and fiddle with zip ties. I couldn't find any good belt tensioners that both looked good and worked well so I designed my own. This is made specifically for the TEVO TARANTULA but can be fitted to any 2040 aluminium extrusion.
I'd love to get some feedback so please comment if you have time!
WHAT YOU NEED
2x Pulley screw and nut (already on the old pulley bracket)
HOW TO INSTALL
2x Pulleys (already on the old pulley bracket)
12x M4x10 screws
6x M4 T-nuts
1x M4x40 screw
1x M4 Nut
- Remove the old pulley. You won't be needing the nylon washers or spacers.
- Press the M4 nut in to the turnwheel
- Put a M4x40 bolt through the tensioner module and the backplate.
- Put a washer on the M4x40 when it's through the backplate then screw on the turnwheel
- Insert the two pulleys into the tensioner module. Use the old screws.
- Assemble the brackets to the backplate with M4x10 screws.
- Assemble the belt tensioner to 2040 extrusion with M4x10 screws and M4 T-nuts.
- Use the turnwheel to adjust the belt tension.
- Start printing!
Use brim on the brackets!
No supports needed for anything!