A charging stand for the Huawei Watch. Based on beavertank's "Minimalist Huawei Watch Charging Stand - Mk. 2" with the following changes:
- Watch is centered on the holder, not way off to the edge
- All parts are filleted using wide compound fillets
- The shelf for the watch is thinner and has a flat cross-section, not triangular, for a cleaner look
- The base contains openings for inserting 8 US quarters, 50 euro cent coins, or (with a bit of sanding) British 20 pence coins.
- Cable channel is slightly narrower to better hold the cable in place
Very little post-printing finishing is needed. The coins are inserted in the bottom. At least on my print, they were pretty snug without any adhesive, but I covered the bottom with masking tape (as shown in Post-Printing) to prevent the coins from coming loose or scratching my night stand. It's almost impossible to knock over accidentally with over 45 grams in the base. I also put some self-adhesive felt on the top of the base (as shown in Post-Printing) to protect the dangling watch band from getting scratch if it is left unclasped.
Printed with 4 shells for added durability when inserting the charging puck and coins.
Printed with the large flat side (with the cable channel) facing down against the printer bed.
Side (bottom when printing) sanded down, and self-adhesive felt added to protect watch strap.
Huawei Charging puck inserted in the top.
Cable routed through the cable channel.
8 US quarters installed in the base. You can also use 8 50 euro cent coins or (with a bit of sanding) British 20 pence coins.
Masking tape to hold the quarters in place and prevent scratching.
Based on beavertank's "Minimalist Huawei Watch Charging Stand - Mk. 2". Recreated and modified in Autodesk Inventor.