Loading

MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

reddadsteve

Pickles - comic strip scene

by reddadsteve Jul 6, 2016
Download All Files

Thing Apps Enabled

Please Login to Comment

One of my favorite strips. Fantastic job!

My wife and I love the strip as well so we posted a picture on Brian Crane's Facebook page. He liked it so much that he requested that I make him a copy! He then posted the following:
https://www.facebook.com/picklescomic/photos/a.58399383490.66802.40183623490/10154331935013491/?type=3&theater

Hi Steve,
coming back from a short holiday trip and see this ... whoooow.
Seems to be challenging - mmmh just checking "all needed colors in stock" ;-)) ...

Hope you enjoyed your holiday. Actually, the only challenge is deciding which colors to use. If you look at the original picture, I strayed quite far from the colors I wanted to use.

The model is quite straight forward. The size of the model is quite reasonable and should not need to be resized. I'm also getting better at creating fitted pieces.

Have fun, I'm looking forward to your color choices and completed model.

Steve

waw! this is amazing. How long take to make this?

congrats

Thank you for the comment, it's very much appreciated.

I'm not that fast with modeling. This model took just over a month for me (especially with my wife making very valid suggestions and requesting changes). I'd say that the actual modeling was about 75% of the job and the other 25% was spent in dividing it up and tweaking it so that none of the parts would require supports. Being retired helps!

As for print time, I do not have an estimate. I print at 60mm/s tops. Other than the chair and rug most of the other pieces are fast prints. I'd say no more that three leisurely days printing and swapping colors. Check out the print time for the rug and chair separately based on your printer.

Don't forget to check out my other pieces.

Steve