A 2-part, hinged, bolt-on holder/fixture for affixing a small packaged sensing device (in this case a custom WIMU) to a round shaft or bar allowing it to be easily attached to golf clubs, tennis racquets, pipes, cylindrical bar stock, walking sticks etc.
- Measure diameter of device to be held and cylindrical bar onto which devices will attach and modify source files accordingly. Currently the files are sized for a golf club (a mens driver) holding a 303630mm packaged item (custom WIMU)
- Print out top and bottom half of object and clean up any rough edges.
- Drill out hinge pivot hole on bottom part to JUST less than 3mm and top part to a bit more than 3mm.
- Assemble the top onto the bottom part of the hinge and insert a piece of 3mm printing filament so that it passes through both top and bottom, fix in place with glue or acetone on the bottom part only Note: the top and bottom part should pivot reasonably smoothly.
- Insert M4 Nut into recess on top part and thread M4 Bolt of appropriate length upwards through corresponding hole in bottom part and place onto shaft item before mating and bolt the 23 parts together. Note: it may be a good idea to coat the rounded recesses that correspond to the shaft with rubberised paint or foam etc. to ensure a secure fit.
- Insert sensing device into provided void.
- Record data with device attached to rod like item.