This is a prototype of an Inclined Front Grip [initially designed for a Just Right Carbine 7" (inch) OEM handguard, with a MIL-STD-1913 (Picatinny) Accessory Rail].
Instructional video can be viewed on SBS Extensions YouTube Channel (click link for video).
At this moment, there are (3) STL "GRIPS":
- "GRIPS 0" - no textured surface - SBS logo on the front
- "GRIPS 1" - chevron textured surface on the sides - SBS logo on the front
- "GRIPS 2" - countersink textured surface - SBS logo on the front
Thingiverse thumbnails and YouTube video show of "GRIPS 2" version.
80% (Minimum Recommended)
SUGGESTED ITEM PRINT SETTINGS
- 80% to 100% Infill
- 3 Shells minimum
- No Supports required
- No Raft required
- Hot End: 230C [based on MakerBot ABS]
- Hot Bed: 110C [based on Makerbot ABS]
- Filament diameter: 1.77 mm [based on MakerBot ABS]
- Retraction: 1.3 mm [based on MakerBot ABS]
- STL files were saved in their suggested printing orientation, rotate around Z-axis as required.
- Parts has been designed using Taulman 3D TECH-G (PETG) filament.
- Print Speed, for ABS filament were based of Original Prusa i3 Slic3r settings and translated to MakerBot.
- Enclosure was used to print ABS filament.
- No active cooling used, to with ABS.
- PLA filament not recommended for final use; only use impact resistant filament types: ABS, ASA, PETG, etc.