This is a prototype bolt and magazine well lock-out for a Just Right Carbine. The insert is based of a 9 mm Glock magazine, as such no other calibers have been tested. This BOLT MAG LOCKOUT (version JRC9-BML1E) is also designed to accept a standard pistol cable lock for added "lockout" potential.
Instructional video can be viewed on SBS Extensions YouTube Channel (click link for video).
UPDATE: (2016-06-11) Replaced original (~3 MB) STL file with a smaller sized one (1.63 MB), for faster downloads.
SUGGESTED ITEM PRINT SETTINGS
- 30% to 100% Infill
- 3 Shells minimum
- No Supports required
- No Raft required or recommended
- Hot End: 240C [based on 2 rolls of Taulman 3D n-vent (Amphora AM 1800)]
- Hot Bed: 60C [based on 2 rolls of Taulman 3D n-vent (Amphora AM 1800)]
- Filament diameter: 1.74 mm [based on 2 rolls of Taulman 3D n-vent (Amphora AM 1800)]
- Retraction: 1.2 mm [based on 2 rolls of Taulman 3D n-vent (Amphora AM 1800)]
- STL file was saved in its suggested printing orientation, rotate around Z-axis as required.
- Part has been designed using Taulman 3D N-Vent (Amphora AM 1800) filament.
- Print Speed, Temperatures settings for N-Vent were based of Original Prusa i3 MK2 Slic3r settings for ColorFabb XT (Amphora AM 1800) and translated to MakerBot.
- Do not use an enclosure, when using N-Vent to print item.
- Active cooling required, when using N-Vent to print item.
- PLA filament not recommended for final use; only use impact resistant filament types: ABS, PETG, etc.
- Scale up STL model by ~2% (i.e. 102.3%) when 3D printing in ABS, to compensate for shrinkage.