I recently bought a 3D printer kit from Creative Machines in the UK (http://creativemachines.co.uk/store/index.php?id_product=44&controller=product). It uses 20x60 t-slot extrusion for the frame and have been testing out different things. One thing I found was that I needed some adjustment in the mount for the Z motor so that I could line it up better and reduce some z-wobble I was getting.
I made this in 3 parts to use the best attributes of the machine. I needed it square, so printing the right angle mounts flat allows it to be perfectly square (plus any minor finishing). I also wanted the surface that the motor mounts against, to be very flat.
The elongated holes in the plate give 5mm adjustment in both directions. The angle parts take 2 captive M4 nuts and the screw hole allow for M4 x 16 socket cap or panhead screws.
-- Update --
Having printed out two sets and mounted them, I'm really pleased with how they worked. I did mess up the heigh as I forget to take 5mm off for the plate thickness (changed now). With the better alignment I can achieve with this part, I now have perfect prints with no sign of Z wobble! This really is a great printer.
Updated the mounting frames to make the height of the full assembly 60mm heigh. This moves the mounting tabs up (and adds a little more strength) and cuts the base of the triangle by 5mm.
Added the OpenSCAD file with the single parts and an assembled view for checking.
- Printed parts
- M4 nut x 4
- M4 washer x 4
- M4x16 screw x 4
- Screws for mounting the motor
- Screws and t-nuts for mounting to the extrusion
- Print all parts (I used Cura and a 10 loop brim to keep it all flat)
- Slot in the M4 nuts
- Attach the plate to the angle frames
- Adjust as needed