I have made a dozen of these can handles for 12oz cans. They're absolutely awesome (thanks u/Eckerput)! A friend of mine asked I make one for his tallboy 16oz pint cans. When increasing the can height this much in Customizer (original model), the structural integrity seemed questionable. I imported it into Tinkercad and added some more supports. I've included the blank one here.
If you'd like to do the same with your own personalized version, follow these instructions:
- Go to this thing: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:172274
- Click 'Open in Customizer', personalize it how you see fit
- Set the can height to 161 (Canh) IMPORTANT
- Create Thing, then go to save the .stl as usual
- go to this Tinkercad page: https://www.tinkercad.com/things/7AzfyiJJ5ug, login, tinker
- Click on main body (white), hit backspace/delete to remove it
- On the right, go to 'Import', and Browse to the .stl file you just downloaded
- Scale 100%, mm, click Import
- Your personalized can handle should now be in place, fitting around the additions I've made
- Make any other mods you can dream up
- Click 'Design > Download for 3D printing'
Alternatively, you can use the blank Tinkercad template (above) and personalize it there instead!
In hindsight, I should have just tweaked u/Eckerput's openSCAD file and made a new customizer thing, but hey I guess I like to make things complicated. Sorry about that.
Cheers everyone :)
I added v2 and modified the tinkercad page. This version adds some additional supports. I suggest when removing the can, to crush it slightly as to not torque too much on the base. When putting the can into the handle, put the top in the groove first, then slide the bottom into place.