This is the customizer for gears in Mechanical Parts Library (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1427673). This script can generate spur, helix and double helix gears.This is the only script I have seen to include cutoff, which is very important for gears with low number of teeth. Without cutoff, meshing gears may got stuck. Additionally, this script can generate different spacing patterns and mounting hole shapes. It is possible to generate screw hole and support. Finally you could enable handle to rotate the gear by hand.
Actual license of the script is MIT, since its not listed I have selected a compatible license from the list. Any gears that are generated by this script is your own work, you can use them without any restrictions.
If you want to include this script in you OpenSCAD scripts, use the whole library as it has more features that might help.
If you have any requests, I might be willing to add them.
I haven't yet printed the most recent version, but the previous one worked just fine.
Sand paper to reduce friction.
- Spur, helix, and double helix (herring bone) gears
- Customizable pressure angle
- Cutoff: so gears with 5 teeth possible even with pressure angle 0 (still not a good idea)
- Uses metric units
- Semi gears with reinforcing
- Multiple mounting hole shapes and features
- Different spacers to reduce material use: polar for equal angular spacing, circles for commonly used circular spacing, linear for equal distance spacing, polar ovals for nice looking spacers.
- Adjustable details
- Single polygon gear generation algorithm: no unnecessary operations to slow down rendering
- Bevel gears (with proper octoid profile)
- Multi-tier gears.