Here is my third version of a costume prop for Tom Clancy's The Division video game. It's some kind of shoulder beacon / gizmo that all the characters wear. I'm not really sure what it does in the game, but if you're making a costume for The Division, you'll need one. Version 3 is longer, and adds buttons on the left side, texture on the back, socket head cap screw pockets on the top, as well as some other changes.
- The internals are basically 1/2 the parts in a NeoPixel Goggle kit (Google it). My custom code is posted in the files. Follow the NeoPixel Goggle Kit tutorial on Adafruit's site, and use my code.
- The flexible portion of the antenna is a piece cut from a small tape measure, then dipped in Plasti Dip tool handle coating (fill a 3/4" PVC pipe with it, so that you can dip the whole length with several coats).
- To connect the antenna portion to the body, bend a section of #10-32TPI threaded rod into a "U" shape. You'll probably need to heat it with a torch, or it will break instead of bending.
- The screws in the top are #6-32 and #2-56 SHCS, which you can buy at McMaster-Carr.
- Attach some sort of clip to the back plate. I epoxied one of these on... http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DUXL7W4
Here's a video of the previous version.
Enjoy! Please Like it. If you make one or have improvements, please post.