This is a cut up Deathwing model I made for one of my friends. I used superglue to put the pieces together but you can use other adhesives if you'd like. IMPORTANT NOTICE Please be careful if you intend to print with rafts, some of the pieces are very small and can break if you try to separate the print from the raft by hand (try using an exacto knife of maybe some pliers to pull the parts off). To change the length from the tip of the jaw to the end of the tail do the following:
- measure in mm how long you want the dragon to be (this gives you a accurate measurement)
- go to wolframalpha.com and put the following porportion: x/y = 6728.49/24145.33 (change the y value for the length you found in step 1).
- copy the x value you found in step 2
- open the STL file labeled "Right Main Body" in cura
- paste the x value into the "Size x" menu under scale in the bottom left
- look at the "Scale x" above "Size x," this is the scale you need to use for all the included STL files
I used a scale of 1.313 to make the finished product about 8 inches long
If you have any questions please leave a comment.
The entire dragon cost about 8 dollars to print and looks awesome!
Ill add some pictures soon
supports are needed for some pieces but not all. IMPORTANT NOTICE some of the smaller pieces do need rafts to keep them from moving during the print