A Zoetrope animation device that spins on the tip of a pencil and fits 11" x 1" paper strips. Best printed with a dark filament or spray-painted black after printing.
Designed on OpenJSCAD.org
Learn how animation works by using a 19th-century zoetrope device.
Learn how customizing the Zoetrope device changes the experience of the animation
Learn how code can be used to design an object
- Cut out Zoetrope strips and try them out in pre-printed zoetrope devices
- Spray-paint a light-colored zoetrope with black spraypaint to see if it affects the results
- Color/draw your own Zoetrope strips
- Print your own zoetrope devices
- customize zoetrope devices to see how changing the size, slit width, number of slits,changes the animation
Students have their own Zoetrope devices and animation strips that they can share and can find and create their own strips to go with their devices.