Could not get a proper slice within XYZ or Simplify3d with original design. Original design had errors with Non-Manifold edges. This file should have it corrected.
This is my first attempt at modeling and using the software. I have only been 3D printing for less than a month. Your mileage may vary.
Some details are missing, like the pools and things. Someone who is better at design can fit those in.
Without scaling down model yourself, my calculations put this at the following dimensions:
Using netfabb I sliced up the model to be able to fit on the bed of a Da Vinci Duo 2.0A printer. Feel free to use the uncut stl file to scale it to whatever size you want.You will need to glue the pieces together. I did straight cuts and did not put connectors in the design. Someone with more experience could do that.
Would love feedback on the remix since this is the first attempt at any design/remixing.
Only have the bow of the ship printed so far. I have went in and cut the model into smaller parts so you do not waste as much filament on a failed print. Will update the files here shortly with the smaller portion files.
I will post pictures of the print so far. I however have glued the items together already so cannot post pictures of individual sections post-print.
Few errors in design I have noticed (If your good @ modeling, should be an easy fix):
- Disney Dream logo on aft of boat has letters floating above the model.
- Lifeboats are floating midair and not connected to the boat (might be good idea to separate them and connect them via small puller/strings so they look more realistic, but beyond my modeling skills.)
- Balcony/Suite staterooms in aft of boat have no divider between them.
- Crows nest in forward of ship has parts to small (Railing). Causes warping due to the hot end being too close to print for too much extended time. Might be ok if direct cooling was applied. Best to remove them anyhow.
I do not own the rights to the Disney Dream, Disney Cruise Line, or anything associated with Disney. This project is simply a remix of the original to fix errors.