Toranado Precision Geared Extruder X-Carriage for Prusa i3 w/ 8mm Smooth Rods
Update 8-29-2016 - Added CAD .STP files for both M3 Nut and Heated Insert versions.
Update 1-31-2016 - There is now an alternate version of the x-carriage that uses M3 nuts instead of the Brass Knurl nuts. If you'd like to go this route, print tpge-xcarriage-wm3nuts.stl and use that part instead.
This x-carriage is designed with the following considerations:
- Utlilizes the Prusa i3 format for 8mm smooth rods placed 45mm apart.
- A perfect mount for the Toranado Precision Geared Extruder that maximizes Z-axis print height. The TPGE can be found here: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1246951
- Can be removed or installed onto the printer without disassembly of the x-axis idler or x-motor mount.
- Contains an integrated X-axis belt holder.
- Uses the same mounting pattern spacing as the i3 Rework.
Bill of Material is as follows:
- 1x 3D-Printed tpge-xcarriage.stl
- 1x 3D-Printed tpge-xcar-cover1.stl
- 1x 3D-Printed tpge-xcar-cover2.stl
- 1x 3D-Printed tpge-xcar-beltholder.stl
- 6x Banggood M3*4mm H62 Brass Knurl Nuts
- 2x M3 Stainless Steel Nut
- 3X M3 Stainless Steel Washer
- 3x M3x20 Pan Head Screw
- 6x M3x22 Pan Head Screw
- 2x M3x30 Pan Head Screw
- 3X LM8UU Linear Bearing (O.D. 15mm - Length 24mm)
Build Instructions link: https://thingiverse-production-new.s3.amazonaws.com/assets/89/08/b1/83/e5/tpge-xcarriage-build-31jan2016.pdf
0.4 - 0.6 Nozzle, 0.2 Layer THickness
Support Structure not needed for printing these files.
Recommended Settings for 0.4mm - 0.6 nozzle: tpge-xcarriage.stl - 3 Perimeters, 28% infill. tpge-xcar-cover1.stl - 2 Perimeters, 28% infill. tpge-xcar-cover1.stl - 2 Perimeters, 28% infill. tpge-beltholder.stl - 0.4 Nozzle, 2 Perimeters, 28% infill