This is my version bowden x carriage and j-head mount for prusa mendel.
I based on http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:45883 (thank you for openscad file I reused).
My main plan was to create 2 X-carriage prusa mendel
Update (10/19/2013) from v6
- issues with wobble and not tight grip on linear bearings forced me to create clamps to hold tight to bearing
-cutout for hotend cables.
Update (8/06/2013) - printed parts and assembly - pictures
Update (8/05/2013) from v5:
- separated bowden tube mount and j-head mount from carriage
Update (7/30/2013) from v3:
- moved up by another 1.5cm
- slim down design, better positioning of belt clamps, added one belt clamp
- fans mount straight
- print parts with support and clean up.
- put carriage on 2 linear bearings and clamp them with screws
- drill bowden tube size hole in top plate - bowden tube I used was 3/16 in OD and 1/8 in ID - you can modify the size in parameters on beginning of scad file.
- put bowden tube through hole and screw on the M5 nut, bowden tube was little squeezed and couldn't pass 3mm filament easly - I used 1/8 in drill to adjust that.
- assemble part with 4x M3-25mm screws with washers/nuts on bottom. 2 side plates slides into hotend holder. Slide M3 nuts into bottom plate mounts, they should attach quite well, so it will be easier to screw in.
- mount carriage parts to bearings
- mount 40mm fans onside
- mount bowden + j-head mount to carriage with 4 nuts slided into holes in carriage and M3-25mm screws
- attach belt clamp - I used http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:31482, need little work around with ziplocks becasue my belt wasn't that bold.
- extruder mount is from thing: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:25683
- calibrate bed (z axis)
Improvements of v7?