This box/casing for Arduino Mega 2560 and Ramps 1.4 is a minimalistic version of the Scalar - Electronic Box for MEGA+RAMPS+LCD2004 : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:945299
- It's compatible with 80mm fans.
- Can hold both Ramps 1.4 and Arduino Mega boards.
- The 80mm fan is blowing directly over the Stepper motor drivers and the power transistors
- The 80mm fan choise is because these kind of fans are easy to find and often provide a very nice and strong airflow compared to 40mm fans.
Also the size of the fan is compatible with the Ramps width making it suitable for this box.
If you want to use 120mm or other fan sizes you can download fan convertion adaptors parts such as http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:21112
- The back plate has special holes for LCD2004 wires and also provide some holes for Airflow
- The base holes are 4mm in diameter, so you can use 3.5mm wood screws or M3/M4 screws to hold it on any surface you need.
- This box is designed to be lay down, and the holding holes are made to be attached on wood plate using 3.5x10 wood screws with flat head.
- Side holes allow to insert wires to the Ramps board.
What you will need - Nuts and bolts:
You will basically need a bunch of M3x8 screws to assemble all the faces of the box.
Also you will need 4 M3x10mm screws to attach the top of the box.
You can also use glue to seal the sides togather, superglue is working very well.
What we do is that we are using both screws and glue.
The glue is for long term use and the screws help the keep the parts together while the glue is drying.
Once the glue is dry you should be able to remove the screws if you want to reuse them.
If you want the 2 sides to have holes, you can print a symetrical version of the left side panel.
Also a plain top is available if you don't need any fans.
3D Modular Systems
Evolutive 3D Printers
You enjoy it and want to help us with a donation: https://www.paypal.me/3DMS