Those are vibration dampers for 3030 aluminum extrusions, specially designed for Scalar family 3D printers.
- 18th december: Add link to the demo video
Easy to use:
- print at least 3 of them (4 are of course better), and place them under your printer chassis.
Each model has a M6 screw hole so that you can use M6X12mm + TNuts to hold them in place
- place tennis balls under the feets
- Reduces noise
- Reduces low frequecy vibrations
- Slightly increase print quality
- Give you moree space to use under the printer (for tools ....)
- Fun to use
We provide here 2 models:
- Scalar -Tennis_Ball_Damper.stl: base model, very steady, the tennis balls will have a lot of surface to stick to.
- Scalar -Tennis_Ball_Damper_simple.stl: Lightweight version that is 30mm wide and will perfectly fit the extrusion profiles edges.
Here is a video of demo : https://youtu.be/63PycTgbg78
All models where designed using Design Spark mecanical, and all the original cad files are included.
3D Modular Systems
Evolutive 3D Printers
You enjoy it and want to help us with a donation: https://www.paypal.me/3DMS
The part is robust by design so you need only a 20% infill for them.