This is a simple desktop sharpie marker holder. Absolutely essential for someone who owns multiple sharpies and needs easy access to them on a regular basis. It also looks cool sitting on your desk!
It is highly recommended (especially if you're customizing this item) that you tap the "Open in Customizer" button, set the hole count to 1, and print a test piece first. This design depends on two things:
- A tight fit for the markers to prevent wobbliness. Measurements are precise, and not all printers and markers are the same.
- Balance; for style, the markers are on a 5 degree angle, and there is a foot to prevent it from tipping over.
I have included a .scad file so you can customize this design to your needs. Including holding other sized writing utensils or stick-like items.
You can set:
- Number of markers to hold
- Diameter of each holder
- Spacing between holders
- Thickness of all surfaces
- Angle to hold the items on
Note If you adjust the angle to be higher, you might need to extend the base so the holder doesn't tip over.
I have also pre-rendered a 4,6 and 8 count holder for those who are not familiar or comfortable with OpenSCAD.
Please check out these other customizable items by me:
Trendy Desktop Bins
Everspin Spinning Tops
It is a simple design, so you can probably use whatever settings you like.