I decided to make some accessories for my Robo 3D hole cover (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:990408). I've been working with Bamhm182 on the Robo 3D Community forum and here with an alternative to mounting the cable chain link end to the side of the printer with screws or adhesive. We both have two different directions we are going with our chain link routing, but having the link end incorporated into the hole cover was a common idea. Thank you Bamhm182 for your help with this. I ended up designing a modular plug to go into the end of the cover. Goals in this design were to make it universal, tool free, and easy as possible to install or remove from the cover as well as the deck of the printer. You can find a blank version so you can add your own ideas to it.
I have included a version with a slightly smaller hole that adds the lip needed to secure the cover to the deck lip underneath if you want. Original design stays in place just fine though. I have also included two versions of the chain link end as follows.
V1 (pictured above) will work great with SonnyDr's latest version of the chain links and the motor mount cover found here (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1091510). He made the cover pretty slick and moved the starter link forward and pointing to the left to make the chain movement more compact and inline with the front of the printer. The best part is he added a new link design that makes it so you don't have to remove the wiring. Very cool. So V1 will make a good termination point to the chain that clips to the hole cover and the deck of the printer (so it won't pull up during operation). You also won't need to mess with it when wanting to remove the printer cover anymore.
V2 is a version I made for a slight variant to the original chain link design for the Robo 3D that InAppDesign posted here (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:696183). I'll update this with the completed assembly remix once I have had a chance to print everything out. Reprinting my links with SonnyDR's versions now. Stay tuned for that project.
Not a huge change to the cover, but I hope it helps a couple folks out there with their mod projects and ideas with the Robo 3D. Great printer for the money and allows a lot of creativity for modifications if desired.
Please let me know what you think of these accessories in the comments. If you make one, please include a pic or two in the "I Made One" section.
I used 100% since no thick areas
Pay attention to the model orientation when printing. You might find rotating the part on its side will keep the amount of support needed down a bit. Sorry about the need for support. I don't like modeling things this way, but it was necessary for this part for the sliding channels. I used Cura with "support everywhere" enabled for the inner channel. Supports removed easily and just took a file quick to the inside surfaces to clean it up.