Howdy, I have been printing about two years now and have 3 printers:
Anycubic Kossel Linear Plus upgrades (first printer, now OOS)
- Swapped the main board with a Re-ARM + RAMPS 1.6, running Marlin 2.0 currently
- Installed the board in my WT-LC case, and will soon be upgrading the 80mm fan on that case to a higher CFM fan.
- Added fans and heat sinks to the X, Y and Z steppers
- Added cooling fans to the feet
- Replaced the plastic corners with Aluminum (one of the better upgrades I did)
- Replaced the stepper drivers (I am going to put some TMC2130 drivers in once I get my other printer working)
- Added TL-Smoothers
The second printer I bought was a (new) Ender 3 (AKA "Christine" - the one from 1983), which had some hiccups early on but is now a solid machine. It has several upgrades including:
- Titan Aero
- stepper heat sinks
- 3d Touch probe
- PEI sheet
Although I had some issues with mine, the Ender 3 is a really good printer for most people. I have a SKR Mini E3 sitting in a box with it's ducky, which will one day get swapped into the Ender3. However the stock board running TH3D has been working well enough for that project to get bumped to the back of the line, time after time.
My latest printer is a (used) CR10S Pro which is an impressive printer out of the box (but needs some mechanical sett'n up like all printers). It arrived with Tinymachines firmware which I was going to put on it anyway, and I am using Cura 4.4.1 which has produced some excellent prints. This is the workhorse printer and it has not yet seriously let me down. The only mods I have made to the machine are:
- Swapped the brass z-axis nuts for some anti-backlash nuts, which helped tighten things up and hopefully will resolve the problem of the z-steppers going out of sync when shutdown.
- Upgraded the hot end to a micro-swiss (great upgrade)
- Replaced the capacitive probe when it failed with an inductive probe (LJ18A3-8-Z/BX) which is a one for one replacement and works great.
I have mostly completed an enclosure for the CR10S Pro using mostly off the shelf parts and very little cutting (a couple straight panel cuts is what I am aiming for). It it a very complex project however with many large 3D printed parts (each of the 4 door sections tool 10 hours or more to print). I may post it up in the future, but it is not yet completed.
All my printers have a Pi running Octopi, which is a great time saver (https://octoprint.org/). The Delta has a touchscreen with TouchUI, and I have another set up but not installed for the CR10S Pro.
I'm happy to be a part of the great community of makers here who have shared some amazing designs. Seems that about half my stuff is re-mixed from designs others have shared, so thanks to them for that. I just hit my 150th thing (including remixes) which was posted this week, and hope to contribute much more in the future.
..|.. Peace Among Worlds ..|..
I Am A…Maker, Artist, Designer
Tools I Use…
Printers: Anycubic Kossel linear plus , Ender 3 , cr10s pro
Design Programs: ViaCAD 3D, Photoshop
3D Design Skill Level