This is probably the best Y axe upgrade for the Printrbot Simple i've made.
I've tried several things, even this :
It's very fragile at different points of the model. it broke 2 times.
So i choose jon lawrence's upgrade. And i picked well.
I printed it at 2 external lines for shell, 70% infill for a good rigidity.
Easy to assemble. I only changed 3 things :
- i used zip ties instead of pieces to fix the bearings.
- i sandpaper the fan tip a bit because it was exactly at the level of the extruder end tip (this is precise !!). So it was rubbing a little sometimes.
- [update] my GT2 belt was out of about 2 mm. So i fixed it with this : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:297263.
Now i have 16 x 18 x 30 cm with my Printrbot Simple !!
Thanks Jon for this excellent upgrade !