You know what... I never thought I'd post a make of a print that I wasn't proud of, but in this case... I decided to make an exception.
I have wanted to print this before I ever even got a 3d printer. I knew that, once I got the printer up and running reliably, this would be one of my first prints. I don't know who the people are who have gotten successful prints of this model or what they are printing this with, but after half a dozen failed attempts, I'm done.
I have printed this in ABS, PLA and PETG. I have printed this with various settings - all of which work perfectly for every other model I print. I have asked for help both in the comment section of this model as well as in the 3dprinting sub on reddit. No one ever bothered to answer. I finally figured out on my own that, to get Cura to even *think* about printing all of the segments, you have to turn on the [print thin walls] option that is hidden deep within the hidden options. OK... did that. As you can see, what I get is nothing but one big stringy mess. I can't even try to clean it up because 1) the majority of the strings are so deep within the model that you can't get to them; and 2) the segments are so tiny to begin with, I have no idea what is an intentional feature and what is a string.