I printed this box to go along with the game itself (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2525047)
I made a few modifications to the original
- I changed the height of the separators, as there is some extra space "underneath" the pieces. So this means the separator doesn't have to cover the whole height of the pieces. Also, b/c of this, the "Sea" Landscape (without the harbor) doesn't need a separator, which is great b/c they hold together with the magnets. For reference, here are my separator sizes
- 13 at 12mm (4 Wheat, 4 Wood, 4 Wool, 1 Desert)
- 9 at 20mm (9 Water for the Harbors)
- 3 at 15mm (3 Brick)
- 3 at 18mm (3 Ore)
- With these heights, I made the inside of the piece holder have 167mm of empty space, which gives you a very snug fit. This requires you to put the pieces back in the same columns, but we just marked them 1,2,3,4 to make it easy. Mine are organized like this:
- Column 1: 5 20mm, 2 12 mm
- Column 2: 2 20mm, 2 18mm, 1 15mm, 1 12 mm, 4 Seas
- Column 3: 1 20mm, 1 18mm, 2 15mm, 3 12mm, 3 Seas
- Column 4: 1 20mm, 7 12mm, 2 Seas
- Because I changed the separator height, I also made the box shorter. Both the box top and the piece holder.
- Also, one of the best features about the game print is that the pieces are magnetized to keep them together. So I added some 20 x 6 x 2mm rectangular magnets holes to the piece holders to keep them together. It's nice and creates something like a swinging door.
- To save on filament with the piece holder, I edited off the corners, and put an empty wedge in the middle/back. This gives it a W or M look. (Not sure how much this actually saved, and give the overall size I wouldn't say saving filament should be a goal of this print :) )
- I created a "Bottom". I liked this b/c it closes the box, and it gives an easy place to always store your pieces (I never take out the piece holder). It's DEF more filament thought.
- I added a personalized title to the outside, just for fun
My print of the game you can find here https://www.thingiverse.com/make:582992/