MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.
It's getting somewhere. Next step would be 3mm filament bowden system.
Looking really good, I only need steppers and a hot end and I can get mine started. Cant really do much without a base made of steppers..
Yeah, but you can print steppers do get started :)
Are you going to use 1,75 oder 3mm filament?
I PRINTED my steppers and nobody have noticed it yet :-))
Just have a look: http://www.thingiverse.com/make:53551http://www.thingiverse.com/mak...
I would but my printer just started throwing fits again after printing fine for a month bad connection to the hot end thermister, and I hate tearing into this I2..
well since i have a hot end for 3mm filament and 3mm is all i have right now, I was thinking of cannibalizing my current 3d printer to build this one. only need the 2 z axis steppers and the x axis plus the extruder steppers from my old 3d printer and the hot end so it wont be completely crippled. But I need to find an MK8 drive gear or equivalent in the US.
I printed the old base plate (bearing further apart from the stepper) now I'm trying to adapt a maritime couplung as an extruder gear. Will post if it works.
I just realise you started a last version with printed base too. really good :)
wowow. It's definitely getting somewhere :)
looks good. I will be jalous . haha
Yours look better ! you have those nice allen screws i don't have for now. I will get some, it's better.
Allen screws are better. I already found some weaknesses in this design. the x holder for the linear bearings is not working. It's not holding down the bearings right, it has too much play. I made a workaround with zip ties.
You're so right ! i'm just working on that part. The X-axis is too light. so i've modified :
1- add a ring to insert on the Z-axis bearing holder to tight them (just like a zip but it's more easy to insert and remove)
2- extend the x-axis bearing holders to the other side and screw with the x endstop. It's a little longer support, but more straight.
I'm thinking utting back the bottom plate of the x motor, it was more stable after all. Maybe as an option ( it's one plate more :(
Thank you for your debug.