Finally it is printing. After a little bit more than 2 weeks of planning, ordering and building, my Hypercube Evolution is roughly finished AND PRINTING. I made the DoubleZ version with 4 12mm rods and a build size of 300x300x300mm. At the moment I am using a 213x213mm bed though, since I am waiting for the big silicon heat mat to arrive from China.
I still have some things to do like sorting all the cables, printing mounts for the psu, the raspi, the ramps, mosfet etc. And of course I have to do some fine tuning and calibrating.
SCOTT_3D did a wonderful job designing that printer, I actually loved every minute of building it, thank you very much for your efforts.
My build is a little bit different in some minor ways:
- I used MARLIN instead of Repetier as firmware, is working nicely, still needs some configuring. I may switch to Repetier, but I am not an expert in this. Maybe Scott shares his config with me... (hint)
- I did not use the inductive sensor at all, since this one does not work through glass, so I use my own custom designed, adjustable Z-Min switch holder with a standard mechanical switch.
- I do not use the X-MAX and Y-MAX endstop optical switches. I use the MIN switches and the firmware does the rest.
- I did not use Z-motors with builtin T8, instead I used usual steppers with couplers and T8. Cheaper and works good.
- I use a standard ATX Power Supply with 12V. I had this already
I made a short Youtube Video to actually prove, that my Hypercube Evo is working, just look here : https://youtu.be/D34Qiq5tVIE
(This is for Scott too, he could not wait to see my Evo printing, so here you go...)