I wanted to make this as a proof of concept so I didn't put to much effort into it but I do plan on making it better in the future.
This was printed in a clear pla filament which was sanded to a 240 grit and spray painted with a white primer to keep the detail (the bits that light up) was painted with a liquid masking fluid which stopped the paint getting into the detail bits. I then just made a basic light circuit that I used in a previous project and just placed it into it.
When I do this again im planning to put a reed switch into the apple and making a ring with a magnet to activate the light. Also to improve the paint job because the are still print lines onto it.