MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

merge down doesn't work.

Please Login to Comment

I have Zbrush Core and I was importing a OBJ of a Head-bust which loaded and I wanted to add a pedestal to the bottom. I appended a cube to subtract from my Head-bust but the Merge Down doesn't highlight. I have also tried inserting with no luck. I'm I missing a process. FYI I'm completely new to zbrush core.

I'm using zbrush, don't know if it is different from core.
if you working with Dynamesh you have to mark"dynamic subtool" somewhere in the settings.
zbrush themself as "liveboolean" with marks work easy. don't know if core have the same.

for merging down...

in zbrush there are differents "merge down"( merge simlar,merge all, merge visible)

merge down will only work if you select the subtool above

way with Dynamesh....

turn on dynamesh on your first object
but your boolean object straight under your dynamesh object.select your mode(add, subtraction,intersect) indicated by the 3 symbols in the active subtolpalette.make your Booleanobject "dynamic subtool" merge down(first button)

if not working i will do it for you

whats happening is that when I select the main sub-tool then append or insert or extract lets say a cube. when try to select main subtool it wont let me it stays with the one I created last.

I don't need you to do it for me as I'm trying to learn Zbrush Core and I was able to do what I need to do using mask and deleting invisible

My only other thought is maybe my license expired. and it deactivate this function.

if your license expired, why should every thing work , but no boolean?
on zbrush it will not even launch only shaying"please actived it"

to make a boolean you must keep your object separated( each tool on 1 layer)if you have both on the same it will not work

I know but, its not letting me select tool 1. It keeps selecting tool 2 or which ever tool I add last. Its like it locked. The eye is highlighted on the bottom tool instead of the top tool. its like its flip. Its like I should be merging up when I should be merging down.

The eye is only for visiblity, you can turn any on and off for any layer.
on the video core has two arrows to reorder you subtool. try the arrow to push you subtool 1 up. if not working contact the support.

interface thems to be the same with zbrush. do you have on the right top side above the canvas an button called "liveboolean"?

I'm going to call support something not right. thanks for your help.