MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

DaVinci 1.0a losing position/not working? Error 30 sometimes

1.0a davinci

Please Login to Comment

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I was printing some objects just fine - with stock davinci firmware. I then tried printing with a flashed cartridge setup for PLA and I inserted PLA filament. The prints did not work and nothing extruded. I then switched back to ABS after removing all of the clogged filament... I just wanted to do a quick 3dBenchy test to see if all was still ok.

I started the print and I hear a dreadful clacking noise that was the extruder running into the chassis - though this has never happened to me, I thought it could have just been a bug. I restarted the printer and got Error 0030 - initialization error. I repeated startup several times, moving the extruder to different positions and every time I got the same startup error. Finally, after about 5 attempts, it started up as normal. I selected the calibrate bed because I thought it was not level.

The bed heated up, went over the dripbox attempting to clean the head, and ran into the chassis again. I am very frustrated right now. What should I do?

Any help is appreciated,
Thanks,
Sean

bad wire in X axis. wires
its the wires inside on the right side

0030 Printer motor Error(X-Axis)

Yes have found the problem, thank you

what did you find?