MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Layer issue

layers

Please Login to Comment

All my prints have been completed and take normal shape, however when looking on flatter surfaces, there is a funky layer issue. I really do not know how to describe it, and am not sure how to fix. See picture. (White cube shows normal, blue shows layer issue) What would you guys recommend?

I've had the same issue, and it seems to only happen with blue filament. If you find the solution, I would love to know. Thanks.

Same! All my filament colors have been working fine until I got the blue one. The blue one did that, so I bought the black one, and it wasn't nearly as bad, but it still did it.

Have you adjusted your bed recently, or the extruder? One or both may be to low/high. If no changes besides filament then the filament could be bad. Could be as simple as taking the extruder off and cleaning it FYI.

How do you adjust the bed?

It's like the Z off set. I seen your other comments and the black filament messed up my prints so I don't use it anymore, that may have to be what you do with the blue.

After a deep clean and a z off set adjusment, prints are still coming with the holes in the layers

I may have the solution. I bumped up the infill to 20% and increased the temperature of the extruder. By doing this, my last 4 prints have had no issues with holes in the layers. If it is a simpler part, you can also make the "Shells" thicker and that may help.

Okay yeah I did adjust that a little, I will do a deep clean of the extruder tomorrow, will print a cube and relay results. Thanks for the help