MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Neon Green Filament

Please Login to Comment

So I haven't messed with my printer in a while. The neon green filament, which came with the printer, was in it. I started to print something the other day and the filament came apart where the spool feeds the filament into the gears. I fixed it, just took the extruder off and got the broken filament out. Today I tried to print something and the exact same thing happened! So I just took the green completely out of my printer. Has anyone else experienced this?

PLA degrades over time. If you leave PLA out in the open it will become brittle.

storage tips
https://pinshape.com/blog/top-3d-filament-storage-tips/

There is a lot of information on the internet regarding this topic.

Also on my miniMaker the extruder is placed directly over the filament roll making the filament bend in an ’S’. I feel this is a poor design that puts unnesesary strain on the filament and seems to always lead to it breaking at the extruder.

The newer micro offsets the extruder relative to the spool to reduce the strain

Thanks for both of your answers! I just took the green out and am going try it another day.