Not had the printer too long (about 3 weeks :-) ) and although I think the mechanicals are pretty sturdy the firmware is **y awful, especially that crap touch screen.
I can get it printing well but its not just a fire and forget thing as I would expect with abl.
I can start levelling and do the offset thing fine but after it finishes and I go to do a print I ALWAYS have to raise the nozzle up a bit as it mashes into the bed ( scratched glass bed plate anyone?) and looks like the bed is tilted when in fact I know its not.
Does the prehistoric version of marlin in these printers ACTUALLY use the ABL data at all??
Yes I do have M420 S1 in my start script, learnt that from my cube the hard way!
Also has anyone seen the Marlin 1.1.2 or 1.1.4 on Github at all supposedly by a Wanhho tech?
Have tried compling but its throwing up errors. It seems toi complete ok but I'm not yet that sure of Marlin that I can say its ok and I dont want to brick the thing.
This Marlin on Github still shows in 'Custom Printer name' as an i3Mega although sizes look good for the D9. If it is good could some one not use this verson and the necessary touchscreen files to update to 1.1.9?
I'd do it but as I say I'm nowhere near that competant on Marlin (or any programming language come to that!) to risk it .
If necessary I'll go the MKS gen L and MKS touchscreen route if I have to as I know that board quite well now, just really feel that it too new to go ripping bits out :-)
Wanhao anounced a recall of the Splitterboard. Check out the link!
I have been struggling with getting my printer properly leveled. I thought I had it once but I didn't. I ruined one of the magnetic build plates. Now I finally have it dialed in.
The first thing I did was to disassemble the whole bed assembly. I verified that the heatplate is level and I verified that the steel plate is level. My issue was all around the crappy bearing rollers. When I received my printer, like many people, three of my bearings were pushed out of the roller. I did press them back in but they kept popping out. I decided to order Xtreme Solid V Wheel kits: https://www.ebay.com/itm/20-Kits-Xtreme-Solid-V-Wheel-Full-Kit-for-20mm-Extrusion/123263651872?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649 After installing them I then completely tightened all four bed leveling screws. I should say here that I am running v164b firmware. First be sure to level both sides of the Z-Axis manually with a ruler. I ran the autolevel routine by stopping at the first stop in the middle of the bed. I then moved the print head to all four corners and manually leveled. Once I had that I then tried autoleveling but the nozzle was too high so I had to adjust the auto level sensor. I did that a few times until I was satisfied that it was level and that the nozzle was at the perfect height. I tried printing but it seemed I was having a nozzle jam so I went ahead and replaced the nozzle. Finally I was able to print. I printed this calibration cube: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1586206 and it came out great! I have never printed ABS but I will be printing a couple new cooling fan shrouds and then get ready to do a large print. I feel I need to do that because from what I read, this printer struggles with large prints as the cooling is not adequate. The two I wnat to print in ABS are https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3044199 and https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3012498.
I would like to suggest that Wanhao make a connector for the heat bed and ship with it NOT installed. That way the bearings and/or the bed won't get messed-up in transit Let the consumer assemble the bed.