MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

All Metal Hot End Installation and Issues

Filament_jamming halp hot end

Please Login to Comment

Hi All So Been Kitting My Monoprice Aka Duplicator 6.

So far new shroud
New Gravity feed
Biggest upgrade of all motor dampers (Seriously do this one)

The one upgrade that has not gone perfect first time and is currently causing me massive issues is the all metal hot end so far it has jammed every time

IM quite unsure what to do with it
Personally I was wondering if anyone here encountered this issue when installing theres but also a PSA to other not to expect this one to go as smoothly as the previous ones I mentioned

Hi,
which all metal kit are you using? The thermal barrier shown on your photos is definitely not the one coming with the Micro Swiss mk10 kit.

Your photos show that you get molten filament floating between the thermal barrier and the nozzle, indicating that they are not sitting perfectly flush and tight against each other. Maybe recheck the all metal assembly instruction.

Regarding your settings: It's advised to raise the printing temperature with an all metal. I do PLA at 210-230°, maybe you could also try a little hotter.
And you should definitely lower the retraction distance. 0.5-1mm work well for me. More than 2mm also gives me jams.

HI Morosov

I bought the below one which says its the right one but I agree its weird that the hot end is in 2 parts

Still not sure what setting in Cura is retraction

OK, that is the right kit. Didn't recognize it on the photo.

You should adapt the setting "Retraction Distance". It shows in one of your screenshots, being set to 3mm. That one should go down. Try 0.5 for a first test to validate that that's the setting causing your clogs. If that fixes your issues but causes stringy prints then you can try increasing it a little, but I wouldn't recommend going above 2.

Thanks ill try this after my print queue is cleared and let you know the results ;)