MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Gapping in the walls, top and bottom layers

Bad Printing Gapping repetier Seperation TronXY 5S TronyXY

Please Login to Comment

Gapping in the walls, top and bottom layers
Instead of printing the wall against the outside skin is gaps
See Image,

The same is true for top and bottoms

TronXY 5S - Repetier Software -
Stock Hot End

Temp 210
Bed 50
Speed 30
Nozzle .4
Filament size 1.75

Any thoughts or Ideas

PS. Does this in CURA too

I'd recommend double-checking to make sure you have the filament diameter set correctly in your slicer to match the actual diameter of the filament (measure it if you can, sometimes the promises on the box aren't even close to reality) and that your extrusion multiplier isn't too low.

Aside from that, you can try increasing the multiplier a bit and see if it helps.

The best general-purpose troubleshooting guide I've found for this sort of thing is https://www.simplify3d.com/support/print-quality-troubleshooting/ -- it names Simplify3D settings, but Slic3r and Cura have most of the same things, just sometimes by slightly different names.

Mystery solved...the nozzle that came with the printer was not .4 I have no idea what it was, but I replaced it with a .4 and things are looking better.

Also, I changed the filament multiplier from 1 to 1.1

Darrin

Didn't think of that, but yes, that would certainly do it. Might be a 0.25, those are also a commonly-used and handy size. Glad you got it worked out though. :)