MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Extruder Temp Issue

Please Login to Comment

Hey guys i just recetly strated having an issue with my tronxy p802ma with an e3dv6 clone hot end. Whn i set the hot end temp to 250 it will flucuate from 239-252 same if i set it to 200 it goes from 194-204. I have ran the PID autotune and this just started randomly i hadnt chnaged anything just started one day. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

I'd recommend double-checking your firmware configuration to make sure you have PID temperature control enabled and haven't set bang-bang control accidentally. Those ranges sound very similar to how bang-bang control works.

Other than that, it might be worth trying either a longer PID autotune, or adjusting it by hand somewhat... in particular, oscillations like that can often be improved by increasing D, possibly with also lowering I unless it's already quite low.

For reference, I'm using a similar setup (P802MA with V6 clone), and using "M301 P22.2 I1.08 D114.00" for settings. However, since we both have clones, there's no promise that will actually work.

Ok ya I had similar settings as well I will try and longer one and try by hand. Thanks for the help!

i should add i have also replaced the thermistor

Did you replace the thermistor before or after the problem started?

Things to check:

• Are you sure you replaced the thermistor with exactly the same type? Different types thermistors have different temperature profiles in Marlin and you need to select the correct one for it to work properly.
  • Is the part cooling fan blowing on it?
  • Those temperature fluctuations look pretty normal to me for a bare naked hotend. Try putting a silicone sock on it to insulate it and also protect it from the part cooling fan.

Yes I replaced it with the same one and no part cooling fan is off and I have the sock on it as well