MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Z Axis Voltage Regulation (VREF) Calibration TronXY P8092M Melzi

melzi melzi board nema17 nema17_stepper_motor P802m trimpot trimpots tronxy tronxy P802M Tronxy_P802 voltage_regulator vref z axis

Please Login to Comment

I have a Melzi 2.0V5 on this TronXY P802M printer; I'm familiar with RAMPS 1.4, but the Melzi board is fresh to me. My NEMAs are 2.8V 1.68A according to the RepRap database (SL4STH40-1684A-23) and the VREF=(1.68)(8)(0.1)(0.9)=1.2096. I've set all of the trimpots to this and X,Y,E are slightly warm and sound correct, however, the two Z motors are VERY hot at idle (I know they stay on to maintain position) and share a controller. They sound low (grumbly), vibrate slightly, and kind of 'thunk' initially when power hits them. Too little voltage bc it's shared at the regulator (90% max from VREF calc is dropping to 45% to each)? How should I adjust? What have others done to solve this on this or similar machines (Anet, Prusa, +++)?