MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

how do I import a rigged model into thingiverse so other users

Please Login to Comment

how do I import a rigged model into thingiverse so other users can pose it before printing

Use whatever native format you want, zipped. Thingiverse has no support but won't stop you uploading whatever you want.

The only file format that users can manipulate on Thingiverse is OpenSCAD. If I understand your question, you have a model that has poseable joints, but the joints have to be posed before printing. If you can export the individual body parts to STL files, you can re-assemble them using OpenSCAD, and define parameters for the joint positions. Then users can pose the model using the Thingiverse Customizer. You may find the Relativity library very helpful for this.

If you go this route, you might want to post questions in the OpenSCAD group.

The Openscad General Library of Relativity
by 16807

I was able to upload a zip file.

Maybe compress and upload.
What sort of rigged file are you talking about? Blender, Maya?

I think there is a way to use Customizer to be able to edit attributes.

I have never used Customizer yet though, so idk.

As far a I know we cannot position individual aspects of a model once uploaded, hince the rigged part of your question. once in the stl format there is no modification without being taken to a 3rd party program or having the original step files

I may try uploading a bvh or fbx file as a notepad txt file and let users recombine them that way... just a thought