MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Is the hotend all metal?

Please Login to Comment

Anyone know if this thing is all metal? Have not looked to see if a ptfe tube is inside yet. My machine is currently tore a part.

I only see metal in my hotend when its apart.
If your question is somewhat related to filament jams in heatbreak, I suggest taking it all apart and reassemble hotend properly.

Cheers

Usually when someone says this we are referring to not having a PTFE tube in it so we can run high temp materials. Thought I would just ask so I don't have to take anymore of this machine a part. My Flash is in pieces right now because I'm taking out all of the garbage Tevo put inside this thing. I run r/tevotarantula and if you google tevo flash the first community discussion result is about my issues with this machine. ...This is coming from an ex Tevo fanboy.

G'day Dasflux,

Pretty sure the answer is NO.
When new, my TEVO heatbreak originally contained a PTFE liner (from memory anyway).
However, my heatbreak's PTFE liner seems to have disintegrated, most likely due to abuse when clearing a zillion filament-jams.
Here's a close-up photo that shows where the factory-fitted PTFE liner is supposed to be:

Moreover, I am currently looking at a TEVO clone, alongside an E3D genuine All Metal V6 hotend; on the bench in front of me.
Interestingly, it looks like there's bugger-all parts compatibility between these 2 hotends.

BTW, the reason why I have both hotends on the bench is because I'm retrofitting E3D hotend onto my TEVO flash.

Apologies for going off-topic, but I hope this helps :D