MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Need Help ASAP printer is down!!!

Please Login to Comment

I tried to do the stand alone mod and was very careful to not mix any wires up but when I turned it on my screen light up but was blank and my hot end started smoking.

Bought a new board and the problem is still here. I cant even get my motors to move when I put my laptop in. I have no Idea what to do

Maybe a stupid question: did you flash the firmware to your new board?

"my hot end started smoking" = time for a new board. When that happened to me I had fried a MOSFET on the board. I don't remember what I did to cause that to happen. I do remember having to scavenge a MOSFET from another fried board until the new board arrived.

Check your cabling again. De-attach everything and attach and check cable by cable, part by part. First off all check the power-cabling.
You can check the screen by turning off the printer and connecting it with an Usb-cable to your PC. The screen must come up (powered by usb). If you want to go further you can turn your printer on and remove usb-cable. Of course all at your own risk considering the problems you face now.

the screen is blue until I pull one of the cables running to the back. then the display will come on I just cant control anything.
do you have a link to a good picture of the wiring so I can make sure its all right?