MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

auto level question

Please Login to Comment

hiya guys, im sure im not the first person to be disappointed with the rather flawed design of the auto level system on the tarantula. while I have a wonderful solution for it in the works that ill post the stl files for, I ran across one more issue. I attempted to use the magnetic print bed I bought online, but the stock autolevel apparently is looking for the metal base. has anyone found a decent proximity sensor that responds to any surface that will work with the tarantula? if so please let me know, im open to all suggestions.

Thanks guys, I'll give it a go. I can't believe how crazy the mount design is on the dual extruder tarantulas.

BL Touch is life! I wish I've tried it before! My Tarantula now always has a decent first layer.

Yep... BL Touch. And do yourself a favor and spring for the original. I bought a clone and it never worked from the get go. Got an original and bam! Now I'm rocking perfectly adhered models, even though my mirror is less than flat.

BLTouch works on all surfaces