MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Gem Weapons

Please Login to Comment

Hey hey hey! I recently started learning 3d modelling. As you can already tell, I am a big fan of Steven Universe, so for practice I make stuff I see there. I make the models and I think they turn out pretty well and people like it. Yesterday some guy from reddit told me about this site and here I am.

I have made four weapons already http://www.thingiverse.com/dorito_for_her/collections/steven-universe

And I also have a WIP models of gem destabilizer and Garnet, I can post them too, if you fancy.

How are you able to make these?!?!?! Could you upload a video or a tutorial???? I would really LOVE if you did that!

Ah well, it's not so hard to do these, and I'm not really into making videos or some stuff. I can explain it right here.

1. Learn what primitive shapes the program is capable making of (cubes, spirals, spheres)
  2. You just try to split the model into simpler pieces, which you can assemble together. That's the one way to do it. Another one is sculpting them out in zbrush or such, not my forte, really, but you may give it a shot, if you fancy.
    (You see, I'm actually just an engineering student so I make the simplified models of stuff using the first way)

Eh, there are already many tuts out there somewhere, I don't really want to reinvent the bicycle.

Thanks for comment!

Thank you so much for replying!!! I will take your advice and give it a shot! Hopefully I won't fail miserably!

You're doing great job out there! Fandom needs to know more about people like you. Keep it up!

Thank you for your contributions! You can add anything SU related to our group.