MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Kegel Pulley's

Please Login to Comment

Does anyone have any advise before I print these? Such as filament type etc? Also what hardware will I need for this? Just normal pulley hardware?

I would print them in PETG. PLA will be far too brittle. Just had a guy who asked me to print two of them in PETG.

The large diamter ones have been printed in PLA and ABS successfully.
refer here about annealing the PLA if you want stronger:

The smaller motor drive pulley is often done in metal as it has more strain on it as belt engages with less teeth.
But worth trying if you can get 6 teeth engaged.

Depending on which design you're using - coud be GT2 - cog design so you need that belt - should say in description.

Customizable Skateboard wall hangar
by Neon22

I'm unsure of what the difference is between these two designs?
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2825633
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1711107

I'm definitely going to buy an aluminum driven pulley, I don't feel safe using a plastic part there.

I also really don't understand what needs to be shaved down in the thing posted by JuniorPotato93.

Thank you so much for your help!

Flywheel HTD5M 35T Pulley
Longboard Orangatang Kegel 36 Tooth Lock Nut Pulley for 9mm, 12mm, 15mm Belt

The first one is 35Teeth and designed for an ABEC11.
The second is 36 Teeth and for an Orangatang wheel.
Here's a side by side of the different inner wheel mating surfaces.

He's added a picture showing what to file off if you use Caliber trucks. I suggest you print and see what you need to do.

Thank you so much for your help! :D

I would have thought the driven pulley would have to be aluminum? I guess it makes sense that it can work in plastic.

Really PLA has had success? I was thinking of going out to buy Nylon filament just for this. I can always print it in PLA and see how it works, and if it doesn't, change it to Nylon.

Thank you so much, I'll reply again if I need more help :D