MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Request: Spool Box

Please Login to Comment

My partner has requested a box (with a lid) to fit various spool sizes - she has about ~12 spools. They're roughly 1in wide, and 2.5in tall.

Thanks!

as phoenyxashe says you can modify existing ones , used to make stuff for a relative a while ago, enlarged crotchet needle holders, etc... yada yada but more details the better if you're looking for something specific, would just say the centre hole, MAXIMUM width and height are the most important if you're going to be vague on dimensions so when the "spikes" or "troughs" are added they are not too big/small wide/narrow for any spool stored on/in it (or you'll end up with a box of reels and a few reels with no home :) thats if you want a vertical storage box, you could have a laid flat cylindrical box with pockets for needles/threaders, or again laid flat (think chess set pieces) or you could just stick em all in a washed margarine tub :) was about to have a go, then as in the past its been a waste of time putting effort in to be told its not what you're looking for, "what I was thinking was..." ideas are endless, not having a poke just if you need something done say exactly what ya want, been down this road a few time before, "its great....but.. could you..." just say exactly what ya want/need before the thankless effort starts :)

I mean see pic, 1" dia by 2.5" height, no idea how ya want em :)

The ideas are endless, you could have them laid flat in stackable trays of six (with a base and a lid) would take up less room,and have one layer for the most used, with the option to add extra layer without printing off the whole thing every time, the world is your lobster.. If you have an idea a few photo of something similar you've seen but how you'd like it would go a long way

It's not a box per se, but this: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:653317, which could be placed inside of a lidded box. And there are -lots- of customizable boxes to print.

Sewing thread spool holder
by ubit