MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

5 axis desktop robot, Laser cut plans for free

Please Login to Comment

Good afternoon everyone,

TLDR: Looking to release for free my 5 axis robot DXF plans if people are interested.

I created a small desktop robot arm in my spare time, and came to idea that because of the features people might want to buy it, so i started a company (with the idea to create more, more details later) however about 1-2 years ago i closed the company as it failed.

I didn't want my work to go to waste, so i'm thinking of releasing the dxf files for free for everything to use as they please, as the aim/goal for my robot at the time was to create something that was accessible to everyone and affordable (at the time before MeArm came out, the best things was a £250 4 axis arm with expensive upgrades and additional axis)

My overall aim was to make a low cost, simple, easy to use, easy to put together, easy to fix, looked nice and most importantly functional robot.

So to give you some details and insight i'd attached some photos of the robots and some general specs as well.

Details over view:

Robot name: HEW
Axis: 5
Additional axis: 1 endeffector
Servos: Standard metal geared Tower pro
Power req: 6V at 3A Maximum
Please see the attached images for more info.

Along with HEW the main robot, i created a HEW-mini a much smaller version using the standard Micro servos and a small 4-wheel drive rover platform which i can release as well if people are interested.

Additional notes: The construction of the robot was a key area for me, so if you ever one want build one you only need a small handful of items, most of the connections use an M3x8mm for simplicity (hate having multiple bags of different size screws) with an additional 3 M3x10 for use on the joints and 4 M2x8 for a attaching the micro servos.

i also have some fully made assembly guides (lego style inspired) if people need them too along with a basic youtube video tutorial build.

So if people are really interested in the design i'll create a page for it.

This isn't a marketing post or anything like that i just want to give something back to the maker community as i my self am a big fan of the movement and the morals we are trying to achieve.

Thanks and have fun!

Regards
Kai