MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

cura for lulzbot.

cura lulzbot Raspberry_Pi Raspberry_Pi_2 raspberry_pi_camera

Please Login to Comment

how can i install cura for lulzbot on my pi? i see that it is available for debian: https://www.lulzbot.com/learn/tutorials/cura-lulzbot-edition-installation-debian

As mentioned in other replies, Cura (and Cura for Luzbot) only have pre-compiled packages for Intel style processors. To install on a RasPi, you would need to obtain the source code and compile it yourself on the RasPi. The following link explains how to compile Cura on a a RasPi. Provided you can obtain the source code, you should be able to use these instructions to compile Cura for Luzbot as well.

https://community.ultimaker.com/topic/4462-how-to-install-cura-on-raspberry-pi/

Beware - compiling Cura on a RasPi will not be a simple undertaking ! Additionally, you may find that Cura is dependant on one or more other packages that are also not packaged fror RasPi - so you'll have to compile those packages as well.

Another potential solution that does allow you to run some X86 packages on a RasPi is a commercial package called "ExaGear". https://thepi.io/how-to-run-x86-programs-on-the-raspberry-pi/

I have tested ExaGear and managed to run some small X86 packages that I needed on a RasPi. ExaGear did work, but you may still run into memory restrictions (i.e. not enough RAM) on the RasPi.

Good luck....

Blanik

actually, i found this. hope it works

SMFH That link lists both the methods you can use. It's a tutorial on how to do it, but you're here asking us??

Didn't know you're getting an error, my bad.

i tried and it didn't work. would you like me to humor you and try again?

Maybe I'd be more helpful if you posted some pictures of the errors you're getting.

Okay, following the instructions to install on debian, here is my terminal output. I cannot install using precompiled packages because the only version for debian stretch is 64 bit and raspbian is 32 bit.

OH, okay, that's a bit easier to work around then. Go back to that link you listed earlier, under the precompiled binaries, grab the file that says 'debian jesse 32 bit' and sudo dpkg -i packageName.deb

Think that'll work for you.

On a side note, I have never once sliced with octopi. I've always used my main computer and sent the g-code to a folder over LAN on the pi for printing. I have doubts as to the Pi's ability to slice files, even more so knowing you're using an old RPi 2.

Oh, that's an i386 architecture deb file, won't work on an ARM core. Can you get a wifi dongle and send files over LAN? That seems like the best solution.

EDIT: This page lists a armhf package but I'm not sure exactly where they left it

From lulz bot's own site:

Minimum Hardware Requirements
OpenGL v2 compatible graphics card
Suggested: OpenGL v4 or higher
for full functionality
Intel Core 2 or AMD Athlon 64 or newer <-these are x86 and x64 architectures.
1 GB of RAM or more

They don't support armhf. The program, at minimum, would take 1 Gb of RAM. Considering the OS has to use some RAM and some paging, it's not going to happen. All that combined with the fact that the Pi 2 has only 1 Gb of RAM in the first place leaves you about 512 Mb short for even a slow and laggy slice that would be overly prone to freezing.

Seriously, the only way you're going to use some special version of Cura is to use a standard desktop or laptop, then upload the files over LAN.

if you look closely the Contents_armhf files are very small.

Reddit seems to have the answer for you. I haven't read through the whole thing but it's something to look at. Looks like the first couple suggestions are to forget the en devour.

sounds good to me.

I suppose you could also type them out but really, who's got time for that? What did you end up doing with that octoprint setup? Did you install octoprint on top of raspbian or did you image the SD card with octopi from guysoft?

on top of raspbian.