MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

X Y Z axis only move one direction?

Please Login to Comment

Hi,

as i just change my motherboard to MKS (mega 2560 + Ramp 1.4) i'm facing an issue is the motherboard only go one direction, appreciate anyone that can help. Please help help

Using Marlin? Before you do a G28 homing the axes will only move towards the endstops. But also check your endstops with M119 to make sure they are triggered at the right time. On older Marlin, you may need to set DISABLE_MAX_ENDSTOPS (on a machine that has no max endstops). Newer Marlin uses USE_XMIN_PLUG, etc., to specifically set which endstops are connected. If the switches show the opposite state (off when triggered) then set the [XYZ]_(MIN|MAX)_ENDSTOP_INVERTING flags, as needed.

Check all your connections, the one that works use those to test the others. Make sure power supply is right voltage and connected proper. Good luck,

The endstop already install, while moving it move to bigger number and smaller number it didn't move. I tune the stepper drive and the stepper not hot and there is no sound coming out from the stepper.

I have install and written on the firmware the only things different is the x and z is electrical endstop which have the chip as for the y is just a normal endstop.

You have to install endstops and home the axes.