MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Extruder Clicking

Please Login to Comment

I am using a 1mm nozzle on my mk3 (volcano hotend mod), and the extruder is making the clicking that it makes upon starting the purge line (rapidly extruding filament) in the middle of prints. This happens even without filament loaded (i did this to double check that it was not the extruder skipping steps. It seems to be happening on unretractions, and when rapidly changing direction on the solid info. other than the noise, the print works fine. how could I remedy this?

try changing your retraction to a less number because it could be retracting too much and clogging I had this problem recently so I changed that and it worked perfectly. if u use cura it's easy to fix but if you use other software just look it up

try to start with 2mm if you get clogged againg try going to 1.75mm retraction

it could also be speed but try the amount it retracts first and if all else fails try putting your speed to 25