MakerBot Print is our newest print-prepration software, which supports native CAD files and STL assemblies,
allows you to interact with all your printers via the Cloud, and many other exciting new features.

Download Now

Upgrading to the G2 board

G2 Upgrade

Please Login to Comment

Has anyone upgraded their printer to the G2 board? I just installed it last night and am looking for advice / help.
Thanks,

An update and a question I hope some one can answer. Installed the board with no problems. Cura would not print even though it said it was connected to the printer. Changed to octoprint and it is able to control everything except stopping when it get to one of the end stop switches. check the switches and they are fine mechanically so guessing it is software. Any one have any ideas?
Thanks,

If you depress that end switch does it show that it has been activated?

If your G2 is translating Marlin Gcode it is M119 to get an end stop status.

If your G2 is running JSON, I have no idea.

I think the switch works because if I depress it I can not jog it.
As far as the M119 gcode I don't know where to find or place it.
How can I tell if it is running marlin or json?

I have been thinking about it. Kinda been waiting for it to be supported better... then again it is from Printrbot, so that could be a while, if ever. At this point, I really don’t see the advantages of the G2 until Printrbot (PB) really gets behind it, or main stream firmware starts supporting it. As is, you have to run PB’s firmware with Chillipepper on top of that... unless you just buy their new Simple Pro.

Interested in what others have to say though. For a 32bit board it just seems like it would offer more. Yet the 8bit Prusa Einsy is exceedingly more sophisticated.

I did however finally decide to ditch PrintrBot’s customized (minimized) Marlin fork and I customized my own build of Marlin 1.1.8 and am loving it. So many more choices and functionality. I am really loving the bilinear auto bed leveling.