I just bought a used Printrbot simple meyal a couple weeks back and had to ditch the original printrboard. I bought a ramps 1.4 kit from Amazon but I'm new to all this and I'm having problems. I have searched until my brain is about to explode. Can someone help me out and let me know where to find a version of marlin with the settings I need for this simple metal? Thanks
GeneralDiscuss on the "General" forum for the printrbot Simple Metal Users group on Thingiverse.
I installed the newest ver of Cura and it did not have a specific profile for the Simple Metal. Does anyone know if one of the other settings works for the old Simple Metal? If so which one and what else do we need to edit i.e. bed size, heated bed y/n etc.
I am a mentor for a FIRST Robotics Club. Somebody donated a Printrbot Simple Metal rev F4 printer to the group and I was given the task to try and revive it and get it running. I am new to 3D printing and it has taken a significant amount of effort for me to try and find bits and pieces of information scattered across the web on how to setup the printer and try to get it running. I have not yet been successful. My current problem is that I can't get my computer (Windows 10 pc) to recognize that the printer exists when I plug it in. I don't know if the problem is on the PC side or the printer side.
Here is what I do know and have done:
- The green light on the board is on so I know it is getting power (good sign)
- The red light comes on the Z-axis sensor when I move it manually close to the bed (good sign)
- The fan on the extruder does not come on which some sites have said should happen when the printer is powered on (bad sign)
- I have installed Cura 15.04.6
- When I tried to install the serial driver it says "Windows 10 USB Device driver is present. No installation is necessary."
- I downloaded the "Microsoft Printrbot Metal Simple Printer Driver version 18.104.22.1683", but when I go to the Device Manager to update the drivers I cant find the printrbot device.
- I have tried multiple USB cords to see if I had a bad one
I'm not sure where to go from here and would appreciate any help.
I have not used my 3d printer for along time and was surprised to see that Printrbot went out of business. I went to print something today and had trouble having Cura connect to the printer, but was able to get Repetier to connect so I know it is not the cable. I am not familiar with Repetier and would prefer to use Cura. I remember there was a configuration file I loaded when I first bought the printer. Is this available anywhere on the web? Any help in trouble shooting this would be greatly appreciated.
Hello! Looking for some troubleshooting advice. Mid-print, my Printrbot Simple Metal stopped extruding. The motor just goes back and forth one click. It's NOT jammed filament, I've removed the filament completely and it still does this little back-and-forth ticking. I have
- Replaced the stepper motor, no change
- Flashed the firmware with two different hex files, no change
- Replaced the atx power supply (went from 550W to 450W, 12V output), no change
- Used different printing software, no change
- Disassembled the tension pin completely, no change
I'm not sure where to look next, any ideas?