OpenSCAD is an open source programming language and IDE (Integrated Development Environment) for parametric 3D design. It is used to create precise, customizable and easily modifiable designs ready for 3D printing. It has a growing developer community and is the tool used to create designs compatible with the MakerBot Customizer app: http://www.thingiverse.com/apps/customizer
You can download OpenSCAD from www.openscad.org/downloads.html
This group is a place to discuss all things OpenSCAD including (but not limited to) new features, techniques, questions, libraries, works in progress, etc. So post a new Topic or contribute on an existing one!
Share knowledge, get constructive feedback, and ask questions!
Join to add your OpenSCAD designs or libraries to this group's Things. Non-OpenSCAD designs will be removed.
WOOT! now we can put comic sans on everything ;D
get it here: http://www.openscad.org/downloads.html
If you make any scripts that use features from the new version, add links to them in this post!
Summary of changes
text()module for 2D text
offset()module for 2D offsets
- Added list comprehensions and
surface()can now take PNG images as input
max()can now take a vector argument
- 2D minkowski can now handle polygons with holes
- Variables can now be assigned in local blocks without using
- Added Toolbar icons
- New code editor based on QScintilla
- Added Splash screen
- Added SVG export
- Added AMF export
- GUI is now translated into German, Czech, Spanish, French and Russian
- MDI (Multiple Document Interface) is now available on all platforms
- Color schemes for viewer and editor can be user-edited using JSON files
- GUI components are now dockable
- Added Tickmarks on axes
- Performance improvement: 2D (clipper), preview, hull, minkowski, surface
- Performance improvement: Reduce duplicate evaluation of identical expressions
- Better recursion behavior
- STL export and import is now more robust
- Internal cavities are better supported
- New examples
- Windows cmd-line behaves better
scale()behavior when using negative factors
polyhedron()now takes a
faces=argument rather than
assign()is no longer needed. Local variables can be created in any scope
I would like my object previews to look correct rather than having half the object being inside out.
is there any to fix the preview (flip the normals).
i know i could get around the problem by not using Boolean operations or by using render(). But neither of these solutions is very practical.
I'd like to create a dice tower, and put a design on the side. I created it in svg and export it from inkscape, and then subtract from the tower.
It's look good at the preview, but if I render it, the desing is missing, and i get the warning: "Object may not be a valid 2-manifold and may need repair!"
The design is extruded about 3mm, and its subtracted 2 mm.
Where i start to fix it?
Thanx all response.
the problem the invalid geometry was: crossing lines. Like this polinom: [0,0],[0,10],[10,0],[10,10]